Monday 20 September 2010

Project 22 - Curves

For this project I had to produce 4 images which show curves.

 This is an image of the field next to us.  The farmer has just cut the hay and it is lying on the field.  This is the corner of the field and the hay shows the curve of the bend that the cutter took.  The sweep of the curve leads the eye across the photo.


This is my son doing son messing around.  As he leans backwards into his walkover, his body is making a curve.  There is a real sense of movement in this image, and I have left enough space at the side for him to continue his action.
This is detail from two spider webs in my garden.  Because of the low sunlight it was proving difficult to get a good shot of a complete web, so I decided to concentrate on the part of the web that was in good light, and managed to find these two webs next to each other.  These curves are made up from straight lines, but the overall effect is of a curve.  Again the eye is led around the web by the curve.

This is a Michaelmas daisy in my garden.  I have cropped the image to accentuate the curve made by the shape of the flower.  I like that the curve is made by the petals which in turn are curved at their tips.  I also like the depth of this image created by the shallow depth of field and the plain dark background.

No comments:

Post a Comment