Friday 23 March 2012

Project 32 - Primary Colours

Ok, so I had a look though my collection of photos to see if my planned colour wheel with flowers would work.




This is the starting point. The red is ok, but I want to re-shoot yellow and blue. Yellow because there are too many variations of yellow in the photo (shadows, light etc) and blue as the bluebells are a bit violet in colour in my opinion. I do like the shallow depth of field in the blue photo though, as the out of focus background provides more of the same colour without detracting from the subject.

I do like the idea of using flowers to illustrate the colour wheel, and I think it works well. Now I need to concentrate on getting shots to illustrate the colours I am after. I need to get the exposure settings for the red photo, and also remember to record the exposures for the new photos I shoot, to compare the effect of different exposures on the colour.

Ultimately after I have got the shots I need for the primary and then secondary colours, I will put together a colour wheel comprising the 6 photos.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment